Monday, June 14, 2010

My Hair History

I don't remember the last time I had a full head of hair. I think it was in my early twenties. I look back at old photographs and wonder what happened to all that hair I had. If I had known then what I know now, I would have taken better care of my health and thus my hair.

I have been struggling with some form of hair loss for years. At some point I resolved that hair loss was my fate. I had given up. Even though my mother and sister had long thick hair, my hair experience would be less fruitful. Now I know that my problem was for the most part a nutritional deficiency.

At this point it is too late for a full head of healthy hair, I have areas of baldness that will never see hair again. It's unfortunate because if I had the correct information I could have saved my hair when I first noticed a problem. But I am not here to cry over spilled milk, it is what it is. I can only move forward and I'm determined to do so. It's true hair loss itself is not a life or death matter, but it can be debilitating in many ways. Sure, I can throw on a wig, or get a weave, but I personally feel better working with what I have, no offense to those who wear bought hair.

Now I am on a quest to achieve the healthiest hair I can with the few strands I have left. Please follow along and hopefully you will benefit from my mistakes, discoveries and research. My plan is to use diet, supplements, excercise, and proper hair care.

No comments:

Post a Comment