Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hair Regimen

With a short hair style it is important to keep it neat, shiny and trimmed. I wash my hair one week at home, then I get a shampoo at my stylist shop the following week. At home I use a mix of castile soap, sulphur and coconut oil for my shampoo. Then I condition it with a mix of 2 egg yolks, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 10-20drops of peppermint or rosemary essential oil, letting mixture sit on my head under a plastic cap for 30 minutes. I rinse this concoction from my hair under very cool water to avoid cooking the egg on my head.

I get my hair trimmed whenever it needs it, but I try to protect the ends as much as possible with a thermal hair protectant to minimize the possibility of split ends.

I try not to brush my hair too much, but when necessary I use a natural boar bristle brush. I use a wide tooth comb for detangling wet hair and smaller comb for styling.

I do use a curling iron several times a week, but I make sure I use a thermal protectant and that the iron is on the lowest setting. The iron is in contact with my hair for no more than ten seconds. If I need a stronger curl than that I will use rollers overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment